Monday, October 24, 2011

I LOVE my chore boards!!

I have always struggled in being consistent with anything! So, when my Mom gave me the book called Accountable Kids I fell in love with the idea. There's an entire website, chore boards, etc. to go along with the program but I just made my own! ($50/kid for chores is a little steep!)

First, we went around taking pictures of everything I want my kids to do on a regular basis. (ie. brush teeth, read for 10 minutes, scriptures, etc.) There's also a hook for extra chores that they can earn money. So, if they finish their morning "chores" before lunch, they get a ticket. The same goes for Afternoon and Evening "chores". They then can use the tickets for fun things they like to do (ie. 15 min. of computer time, play outside, paint, etc.) If they finish all their chores for the whole day, they get a sticker on their "date card". Once filled, they get to choose a date to go on with Mom or Dad. (That's my favorite part about the program)


The book/website gives a little spiel about disciplining with the tickets, but we decided to not do that. We only have this as a completely positive program!


We have had it up for two weeks and we LOVVVEE it! My house has never been so clean. I am fitting way more in my day, and my kids really are learning how to become "accountable".

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of taking pictures of what I need done! I'm always trying to use clipart, but I have a little laminator that I could use with the photos! Thanks for the idea.

    Riley has been begging for a chore chart again. I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. Awesome. I really need to get busy and get something together like this for Zoe. She is anxious to save up money for a bike....Maybe I could get her to clean her room without the screaming? Well, it's worth a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! I think I might just give this a try.

    ReplyDelete