Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bye Bye Young Women


I'm learning that when I hear about a certain topic over and over again, I should probably pay attention. That's what happened a few weeks ago. Bryce and I were able to go to a Temple session for the first time since before Aaron was born. (hooray for solid foods) We also had a special lesson in YW to prepare for the Oquirrh Mt. Temple Dedication as well as in Sunday School. As I sat through these lessons, I thought, I really want to learn more about the Temple and strengthen my testimony about it.

Well, it should have been no surprise when the Bishop called me into his office and said he had good news and bad news. The bad news...it was time to be released from Young Womens. The good news...I was asked to teach the Temple Prep. Class!!
Wow, I feel like I was just getting the hang of everything, and we had soo many fun things planned for this summer. I don't even get to go to Girls Camp :( Oh well. I've decided that I was never meant to get "comfortable" in any calling...that means I've learned what I need to and it's time to move on. I'm going to miss the girls, but I am also very excited to teach about the Temple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment