Thursday, March 26, 2009

To Zion or Bust

Matthew & Jaralyn will moving soon and would probably never get the opportunity to go to Zion's National Park. When they decided to come down for the weekend, we borrowed a mini-van and went! We couldn't have picked a better day...sunny but not too hot or cold!

With Bryce's beard and my curly hair, we looked totally "granola" and fit right in with the "Parkies" :) haha. Leah & Elina loved the river walk and kept trying to make a run for the water. Too bad their "mean ol' Dad's" kept stopping them:) lol

Right as we were finishing our "peanutbutterless" picnic (poor Bryce), the wind picked up, so we headed for the indoor museum. A poster caught my eye on the door about how animals..especially deer become aggressive when fed. A child had been bit on the neck and another trampled, and adults kicked.....and some of those deer had not been caught and were still roaming the park. Bryce's voice interrupted my frenzied reading,

"look Kathy, some cute deer, let's take some pictures!!"
"AHHHH, run for your life", I shouted, grabbing Elina and.....well it wasn't quite that dramatic, but ironic none-the-less.

We finished the day with kite flying and dinner @ Costa Vida. Thanks Jeralyn & Matt for a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. No, thank YOU for a great weekend! I wish we could do it all again this weekend! I love your picture collage, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Zions Park is beautiful! I have many happy memories there.

    ReplyDelete