Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Desert Plains of Calimahary


Actually, it's just our backyard!! The previous owner of our home was a builder, and as he put it, "a Builder's home always comes last".
There sits 12 years of debris and random stuff to prove it. I figured we would get plenty of "before" pictures because after we're through, we'll have a mini paradise out our back door!! Well, that's always the dream at least :)
I was inspired by the Findlay blog to put candid pictures of Elina, rather than making sure her hair is done and clothes are matching....so here she is in her everyday glory. She loves her snow boots and wears them everywhere. It has actually come in handy because the melting snow has transformed our beautiful backyard into a mud fest! And yes, if you're wondering, behind that cool hill sits a barrel FULL of used oil. If anyone would love to have some, we're auctioning it off to the highest bidder. I'm sure it would make a great slip n' slide!!

2 comments:

  1. My in-laws might actually want the oil - she uses it to stain the wood fence around her house. Do you want me to ask? Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how are you? I found your blog through Robyn's. I think that is great you had another child. Its great to see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete