Thursday, October 9, 2014

Glorious

As I drove from the hospital to the Ronald McDonald House the other night, my mind flashed back to two years ago.  I remember sitting at Time Out for Women and listening to Mercy River sing "Beautiful Life".  Tears streamed down my face as I sat there thinking, "my life is not beautiful".  "It's full of crying children, tantrums and frustrations.  I felt like my life was pointless.  I wasn't doing anything great or contributing to society at all.

The experiences I've been given these past two years have changed my view dramatically.  They've "forced" me to let go of selfishness, left me feeling completely helpless and trying to learn what faith really is.  Letting go of incorrect expectations and trying to see me as God sees me has helped me find beauty in my life.  Not focusing on the mundane but on the Eternal.

I know I have a long way to go, but I can now see how Heavenly Father has slowly molded my view of myself, my spouse and my sweet children into something glorious.  The first time I heard this song, it spoke to my heart!  Each one of us has a beautiful part to play in this symphony of life.      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment