Sunday, February 19, 2012

Before & After...I still love my Chore Boards!

Since I wrote earlier in the year about my chore boards, many have asked how it is going.  I have to say...I STILL love my chore boards.  Coming from a very free and unstructured home, I just couldn't wrap my brain around how to organize my life.  It wasn't just about cleaning, it was about bringing structure to an overwhelming world of chaos that was very frustrating at times.  With that said, I just had to post these "before and after" pictures.
Before: 

After:


I read a pamphlet by Rachel DeMille that said if you want to have more time with your family....get rid of your stuff.  We spend so much of our time taking care of our stuff (cleaning, organizing....trying to get our children to clean) that we don't have as much time.  I took that to heart and "gutted out" the playroom.  I let the kids pick a certain number of toys to keep out, then I boxed the rest up.  I figure we'll rotate them through every so often and it'll be like a whole new set of toys again!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment