Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy, Congrats & Good-Bye

Breaking the long-held tradition of celebrating New Years in Orem, my Aunt Joy invited all to Enoch instead. In doing so, we also got to see my brother, Darren, join the ranks of "Eagle Scout" and my Sister, Annie of "Sister Missionary". I have to say, it was the shortest Court of Honor I've ever heard of. We started 10 minutes late at 7:10pm and said amen to the closing prayer at 7:25pm! That's what I call short, sweet and to the point! (We found out later that because of the holiday, the main speaker forgot to come.)

Our brilliant New Years Eve plan to get the kids to fall asleep consisted of letting the kids watch the most boring movie possible (Fantasia 1) while lying on pillows and blankets in a dimly lit room failed miserably.  Even through their complaints of boredom, they were still wide awake at 11:00pm.  At least it kept them occupied so Bryce and I could fit a few games in with my family & cousins!

The rest of the week flew by with an awesome farewell talk by Annie then driving up North to drop Annie off at the MTC.  We enjoyed  a January picnic at the park in our t-shirts, gave hugs all around then a lone car whisked her off to the MTC.  To her embarrassment, my Bro.'s & Sister, Carrie, who dropped her off drove away cheering and shouting, "Hurrah for Israel" out the window! Fun Times :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment