Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blessing Day


Thanks to our good friends the Wiley's, Emmett's Blessing Day was saved. On Thur. night, I realized that we had absolutely nothing to bless Emmett in. Aaron had worn the outfit Bryce was blessed in, but Grandma Caine didn't even think to bring it down, and I didn't even think of reminding her. Luckily, I remembered that the Wiley's had recently blessed their little boy and they, very graciously, let us borrow their tux. At only two weeks old, this is the closest we could get to a smile, but he sure is a handsome boy!!

As Bryce took Emmett up to be blessed, Aaron, with great concern, cried out, "they're taking Emmett!!" After hiding a few smiles, we were able to calm him down in time to hear the blessing! Great Grandpa Robinson said Emmett was the best behaved baby he's ever stood in a circle for. (He didn't even need the binky) Grandpa Caine said he peaked during the blessing and Emmett was looking up at Bryce, eyes wide open, as if he was understanding everything Bryce said.
As I sat and listened to the words of the powerful blessing, I was reminded of how strong these children are and will need to be. As he was blessed to have a strong testimony, to be married in the temple, etc. I thought of my role as a mother in helping those promises be fulfilled. I was struck with the importance of teaching the gospel by example & word. They are going to need every ounce of spiritual strength they can obtain!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to have such wonderful friends and neighbors?!

    It was a very nice blessing. It's an awesome responsibility to be a mother to these kids who need to learn the gospel and have firm testimonies from early on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure have a cute little nephew! I'm glad everything worked out well for the blessing. That's a fun story about his outfit :) I wish we could come meet him! Hope everything is well with you guys!

    ReplyDelete