Thursday, September 16, 2010

Conversations of the Day!


Uncle Jeremy: Elina, are you opinionated?

Elina:  NO!!....I'm not opinionated, I'm Elina!


Aaron (in whiny voice): Mommy, "Nina" pushed me.

Elina:  I did not!

Mom:  Aaron, are you lying?

Aaron:  No....Tiger

(I can only assume he thought I was asking him if he was a lion :)


FHE Honesty Lesson gone wrong:

For FHE, we told Elina about a girl who left her book on the grass.  When her mom asked if she had put it away, she "lied" and said she had.  The sprinklers came on and ruined the book.  

This morning Elina wanted to drink her juice like a dog.  I said she could only have it if she drank like a big girl.  She promised she would, only to start "lapping" as soon as I gave her the juice.  When questioned, she said, "oh..I lied".  (I think we somehow taught her that lying was a great way to get what she wants :(  

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, liars and lions all over the place! What are you going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...That was great!!
    Love Sheridy ( I found a link to yours through Carrie's)

    ReplyDelete