
I know this is late, but I haven't had much time on the computer lately. I made a goal to only be on for ONE hour a day!! If Bryce and I keep it for one month, than Maggie Moo's here we come!! I'm quite excited at the prospect!
I need to document the making of the ugliest Easter Eggs imaginable. We were assigned to bring 6 real eggs and 6 plastic eggs to a little Easter egg hunt at the park. I didn't have any egg coloring kits, so I tried to make our own. The only problem was that I also didn't have plain vinegar...only apple cider vinegar. The eggs turned a sickly gray-pinkish color. Elina in her loving, helping way broke half while "carefully" setting them in the dye (slam dunking is what some would call it!) "What kid is going to want to pick this up", I thought.
When we got to the park, we discovered that we were the ONLY ones to make real eggs. Everyone else didn't have dye or ran out of time! How embarrassing. Well, I just quietly set the eggs back in the bag and brought them home for egg sandwiches!! When the Hunt began, I told Elina to go for a bright yellow plastic egg. She bent down and came up with....a rock! What? She thought it was a pretty cool rock....until I showed her that there was candy in the eggs. Then the real hunt began.
So, Bryce and I failed in teaching Elina the real meaning of Easter. Anytime anyone mentioned the word, she would automatically say "my Easter basket & candy". Oh well, better luck next year!!
Ha ha! The ugliest easter eggs ever were the only ones there. I love the slam-dunking comment also :D Oh, and the picture is really fun!
ReplyDelete